- Introductory Say hello song at start.
- ‘Row , Row’ with vocal sounds accompaniment (sea sounds). Discuss, what happens to the sea sounds? (They repeat).
- Introduce ‘A Sailor went to sea’ song with actions.
- Add instruments (perform on the repeated pattern – sea sea sea). Add some dynamics.
- What have we learnt today?
- Sing goodbye song.
Lesson Objective: Exploring repeated patterns
- Ongoing skills: Development of singing and performing on instruments.
- Key Vocabulary: Rhythm, Steady beat, Percussion, Dynamics.
- Assessment Outcome: Formatuve – an ongoing assessment of the classroom process.
- Equipment used: Tuned and Un tuned percussion, Piano.