We consider homework to be a valuable element of the teaching and learning process, therefore:
- Children are encouraged to work at home on a regular basis.
- It is expected that all children will read at home and share a book with their parents.
- Children will have multiplication tables and spellings to learn at home.
- Children who have made insufficient effort during class time may be asked to complete work at home.
- Extra homework tasks will be given to children in Year 6 to help prepare them for life at secondary school.
- Further practice in basic skills (e.g. handwriting) may be set at the discretion of the class teacher after negotiation with parents.