The children played a game called Sleeping Animals. Starting with the girls in the class, they pretended to be sleeping animals on the floor whilst the boys and staff sang the rhyme. After a period of time the the sleeping animals wake up and become the animal that they have been asked to be. e.g lion, monkey, elephant. They must move around the room acting out the actions/movement of that animal. Once finished, it’s the boys turn at which point the girls and the staff must sing the rhyme. This lesson is part of our topic this term on wild animals.
Areas Of Learning:
- Physical development: Moving.
- Understanding: The world.
- Expressive Arts and Design: Being imaginative.
- Communication and Language development: Listening and attention, understanding, speaking.
- PSE development: Self confidence and self awareness, managing feelings and behaviour, making relationships.